RFS: parti 0.0.6-1 (new package)

Hi -mentors,

I’m looking for comments on (and an upload of :-)) my parti package.

	dget http://alioth.debian.org/~michi-guest/packages/parti_0.0.6-1.dsc

This is the information from the ITP, bug #569203:

| * Package name    : parti
|   Version         : 0.0.6
|   Upstream Author : Nathaniel Smith <njs@pobox.com>
| * URL             : http://code.google.com/p/partiwm/
| * License         : GPL ≥ 2
|   Programming Lang: Python
|   Description     : window manager library for Python and “screen for X”

It builds two binary packages:

 * python-wimpiggy – window manager library for Python

   According to its author, the wimpiggy library tries to “make writing
   fancypants, EWHM-compliant, compositing window managers just as easy
   as writing an app in PyGTK+”.  wimpiggy itself uses the GTK+
   libraries to achieve this goal.

 * xpra – X Persistent Remote Applications

   Xpra is “screen for X”: It allows you to run X programs, usually on a
   remote host, direct their display to your local machine, and then to
   disconnect from these programs and reconnect from the same or another
   machine, without losing any state.

The source tarball contains a third project, namely parti itself, a
tabbing/tiling window manager.  I’ve decided against shipping it right
now; the author explicitely discourages its everyday use (“it’s still
really alpha”).  In my opinion, there is no point removing it from the
.orig.tar.gz given that it adds only 68 kB extracted size.

python-wimpiggy and xpra are both Python packages; the former is a
library, xpra comes with private modules.  Both contain native-code
extensions, which is why they are Arch: any.  For the sake of simplicity
and, again, given the small file sizes involved, I’ve decided against
splitting the arch-dep and -indep parts.  I’m open to objections, of
course.  It might make sense to move the tiny .so from xpra to
wimpiggy.lowlevel so xpra can become Arch: all.

The package passes the usual lintian/pbuilder test.  I’m looking forward
to your suggestions.

Cheers,
--
Michael Schutte <michi@uiae.at>