Re: RFS: libzeep

Dear Lacos,

Perhaps the URL I supplied was not very well chosen, but I didn't make a separate web-page for this project yet. Perhaps I should.

The source code can be found at http://svn.cmbi.ru.nl/libzeep/

I wrote libzeep out of frustration with the limitations in gSoap. I needed a high performing SOAP server with multiple server instances listening to separate ports and it had to be easy to use. As a bonus I also implemented pre-forked mode as in apache.

The library is C++ only and relies on the use of boost::fusion to generate all code at compile time. The signature of an exported method is morphed by the compiler into code that can generate a WSDL on-the-fly as well as process incoming SOAP requests and sending out replies. As an extra, each SOAP service is available as a (albeit somewhat limited) REST service making debugging a bit easier.

And so you don't need a separate program to generate code, the C++ compiler does all the work for you.

The code has been in production for over a year now, you can see it e.g. at http://mrs.cmbi.ru.nl/ which is a Java web application that uses the SOAP server backend that uses libzeep.

Hope this clarifies things a bit.

-maarten

(This will be off-topic, sorry. I'm not a DD, just a curious user.)