Re: RFS: jansson

Petri Lehtinen <petri@digip.org> writes:

> When I reupload, should I use the same version or add a changelog
> entry with increased Debian revision?

That's the way that makes sense to me, since you have already released
the package and announced it for inspection. Any further changes should
be in a later release to simplify comparing them.

Don't forget to use the ‘-v’ option to ‘dpkg-genchanges’ (or whatever
tool you're using to wrap that command) so all the relevant changelog
entries are included.

Some other DDs prefer a different practise, and there isn't strong
consensus; so, once your package has a sponsor, you should work with
that person's preference on this matter.

--
 \     “Whatever a man prays for, he prays for a miracle. Every prayer |
  `\   reduces itself to this: “Great God, grant that twice two be not |