Re: RFS: alien-arena (updated package)

Michael Gilbert schrieb:
>> Patches:
>>  patches/debian-changes-7.33-1                 | 1486
>> ++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>> This still exists.
>
> I had a temp file in the working source, which for format 3.0 packages
> gets automatically added as a patch.  I had not expected that.  I've
> removed the temp file, which fixes the problem.

Using e.g. svn with status and diff should solve such problems in the
future ;)

>>> As to the question about the server package requiring the client; that
>>> is because they share a game.so, which is only included in the client
>>> binary package.
>> Wouldn't it be better than (in future releases) to split up to package
>> with a new alien-arena-common package?
>
> That's a good idea.  I now put the shared files into a new
> alien-arena-common package.

Okay I just thought, you may do those changes in future release, but
okay now we are doing it in the right way :)

In general it looks good, but you have missed one important thing, if
you split up packages: conflicts and replaces.

Now, if users upgrade from 7.0 to 7.33, dpkg would abort, because the
- -common package include files, which are also present in the
- -client/-server package.
So you have to define replaces and conflicts in debian/control.

> The new packages are again available at:

- --
/*
Mit freundlichem Gruß / With kind regards,
 Patrick Matthäi
 GNU/Linux Debian Developer

E-Mail: pmatthaei@debian.org
        patrick@linux-dev.org