Re: RFS: alien-arena (updated package)

Michael Gilbert schrieb:
> On Fri, 08 Jan 2010 11:11:11 +0100 Patrick Matthäi wrote:
>> ======================
>> review of alien-arena:
>> ======================
>> * I also think, that this patch here is wrong:
>>  patches/debian-changes-7.33-1                 | 1485
>> ++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>>

>> * Also here a few lintian warnings to fix:

Now they look like:

I: alien-arena source: quilt-patch-missing-description
kill-runaway-crded_tool_debianization.patch
I: alien-arena source: quilt-patch-missing-description
rcon_tool_debianization.patch
I: alien-arena source: quilt-patch-missing-description
home_as_game_dir.patch
I: alien-arena source: quilt-patch-missing-description
fix-CVE-2007-4754-CVE-2007-4755.patch
I: alien-arena source: quilt-patch-missing-description
makefile_modifications.patch

P: alien-arena: copyright-refers-to-symlink-license
usr/share/common-licenses/GPL

P: alien-arena-server: copyright-refers-to-symlink-license
usr/share/common-licenses/GPL

> I've prepared a new package that addresses almost all of these issues (I
> think). I have descriptions in the quilt patches, so I don't know why
> that is being triggered, and I can't get lintian to reproduce the
> message. Also, I would like to ignore the pedantic symlink warning since
> the GPL header is included in the copyright file.  The full GPL text is
> not; is that OK?

Patches:
 patches/debian-changes-7.33-1                 | 1486
++++++++++++++++++++++++++
This still exists.

GPL links:
It is not critical, but it may be fixed. You just point to the right
version of the license.

Lintian:
Try out:
# building package
run:
lintian -IiE --pedantic foo.changes
where foo.changes is the generated changes file from the full build
(with binary packages).

> As to the question about the server package requiring the client; that
> is because they share a game.so, which is only included in the client
> binary package.

Wouldn't it be better than (in future releases) to split up to package
with a new alien-arena-common package?

> The new packages are available at:

Please also answer inline to my listed issues, than it is easier for
everyone.

- --
/*
Mit freundlichem Gruß / With kind regards,
 Patrick Matthäi
 GNU/Linux Debian Developer

E-Mail: pmatthaei@debian.org
        patrick@linux-dev.org