Re: RFS: alien-arena (updated package)

On Fri, 08 Jan 2010 11:11:11 +0100 Patrick Matthäi wrote:
> ======================
> review of alien-arena:
> ======================
>
> +  * New upstream release with many feature enhancments
>
> +    (closes: #592770, #467387, #437461).
>
> Could you please list the items like:
> * New upstream (Closes: #123)
>   - Also fixed blubb (Closes: #456)
>   - And yeah this! (Closes: #789)
>

> * I also think, that this patch here is wrong:
>  patches/debian-changes-7.33-1                 | 1485
> ++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>

> * This change should be mentioned in debian news:
>  11   * Config directory has been moved to '~/.config/alien-arena' to adhere
>  12     to the latest freedesktop standards.
>

> * Depends for alien-arena says: alien-arena-data (= 7.33-1)
> Why are you so strictly depending on the debian revision?
> How would it like >= 7.33 or = 7.33?
>
> Also my examples are bad, because you have to increase them with each
> new upstream release, so on use (>= ${source:Version})
>

> Also a question:
> alien-arena (= ${binary:Version})
> Does the alien-arena-server realy needs alien-arena to run? :o
>

> * Also here a few lintian warnings to fix:
> I: alien-arena source: quilt-patch-missing-description
> kill-runaway-crded_tool_debianization.patch
> I: alien-arena source: quilt-patch-missing-description
> rcon_tool_debianization.patch
> I: alien-arena source: quilt-patch-missing-description
> home_as_game_dir.patch
> I: alien-arena source: quilt-patch-missing-description
> fix-CVE-2007-4754-CVE-2007-4755.patch
> I: alien-arena source: quilt-patch-missing-description
> makefile_modifications.patch
> P: alien-arena: copyright-refers-to-symlink-license
> usr/share/common-licenses/GPL
> I: alien-arena: copyright-with-old-dh-make-debian-copyright
> P: alien-arena-server: copyright-refers-to-symlink-license
> usr/share/common-licenses/GPL
> I: alien-arena-server: copyright-with-old-dh-make-debian-copyright
>

> ===========================
> review of alien-arena-data:
> ===========================
>
> It is okay, only:
> I: alien-arena-data: copyright-with-old-dh-make-debian-copyright
>
> If you have got free time, fix it :)
> But I will wait with uploading the -data package, until alien-arena is
> clean.

I've prepared a new package that addresses almost all of these issues (I
think). I have descriptions in the quilt patches, so I don't know why
that is being triggered, and I can't get lintian to reproduce the
message. Also, I would like to ignore the pedantic symlink warning since
the GPL header is included in the copyright file.  The full GPL text is
not; is that OK?

As to the question about the server package requiring the client; that
is because they share a game.so, which is only included in the client
binary package.

The new packages are available at:

Thanks for taking the time to spot my mistakes and help me correct them!

Best wishes,
Mike