Re: Can /usr/share/doc/<pkg> be deleted on upgrade ?

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI wrote:
> On Qui, 26 Nov 2009, "Lucas B. Cohen" wrote:

>> Is it considered acceptable for a package to blindly delete, then
>> recreate its entire directory under /usr/share/doc upon installation or
>> upgrade ?

> Why exactly do you want to do that? What do you want to achieve?

I'm triaging bugs opened against the Bacula package, and a patch has
been submitted to a .preinst file that can swipe /usr/share/doc/bacula
during upgrades. I'm wondering if I need to take extend the patch to
take care and conditionally backup this directory (in case for example
a sysadmin has stored his personal documentation in there).

Granted, for those who will look, that it is quite improbable in the
case of this specific package.

--
Lucas B. Cohen

"The question of whether a computer can think is no more interesting
than the
question of whether a submarine can swim."	Edgar W. Dijkstra