Re: Third-party patches when upstream is MIA

Hi,
Sorry for the wait.

On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 10:38:13AM +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
> While the upstream website is gone (but still on archive.org), their
> code and bug tracker are located at sourceforge.net so they are not
> gone. Please consider contacting the admins to ask for access to the
> project. If they do not respond, please consider taking over the
> sourceforge project so that you can commit the patch upstream and fix
> other upstream bugs. See the second link below for project takeovers.
> Sourceforge now supports git/bzr/hg so you could use those if you
> prefer a DVCS to SVN.
>
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/slingshot-game/
> http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/sourceforge/wiki/Abandoned%20Project%20Takeovers
>
> The sf.net project also lists this as the website:
>
> http://slingshot.wikispot.org/
>
> Until you get commit access upstream, I would apply the bug fixes to
> both and keep the features to -patched.

Thanks Paul, will do. Are there any source packages that use CDBS and have both
a binary package of the "vanilla"/unpatched sources and a binary package of the
patched sources?

Thanks,
Ryan

--
|_)|_/  Ryan Kavanagh             |  GnuPG key