Re: Skipping the upload of *.deb and *.changes files to m.d.n

José Manuel Santamaría Lema <panfaust@gmail.com> writes:

> I'm a novice and I uploaded some times packages to m.d.n. According to
> the home page, binary packages are discarded keeping only the source
> package. However every time that I upload a package, _all_ files are
> uploaded, including those that will be discarded by m.d.n.

The files to be in the upload are those specified in the ‘foo.changes’
file. If you want only the source package to be in the upload, ensure
that's what you specify. From the ‘dpkg-genchanges(1)’ man page:

    The -sx options control whether the original source archive is
    included in the upload if any source is being generated (i.e. -b or
    -B haven't been used).

      -si    By default, or if specified, the original source will be
             included only if the upstream version number (the version
             without epoch and without Debian revision) differs from the
             upstream version number of the previous changelog entry.

      -sa    Forces the inclusion of the original source.

      -sd    Forces the exclusion of the original source and includes
             only the diff.

Also note the following from ‘dpkg-buildpackage(1)’:

      -si
      -sa
      -sd
      -vversion
      -Cchangesdescription
      -mmaintaineraddress
      -emaintaineraddress
             Passed unchanged to dpkg-genchanges. See its manual page.

In other words, you don't need to run ‘dpkg-genchanges’ separately
yourself; you can just specify the appropriate option when you run
‘dpkg-buildpackage’.

--
 \       “The optimist thinks this is the best of all possible worlds. |
  `\           The pessimist fears it is true.” —J. Robert Oppenheimer |