Re: RFS: mupen64plus

Hi,
I just wanted to add some notes. Mupen64Plus is in my opinion the best working
n64 emulator on unix systems with an active upstream. mupen64plus is a fork of
the ~2005 stopped project mupen64[4] with many enhancements and bug-fixes. It
uses a plug-in architecture to make it easy to exchange different subsystem
emulations of the multichip nintendo64 platform. All included plug-ins except
the glN64 graphics plugins are included. glN64 was stripped out of the
orig.tar.gz due to missing license information and unsuccessful attempts to to
contact the original plug-in author[1]. Maybe this problem can be solved in
the future. Additional graphic plug-ins like glide64 and Rice video plug-in
are included - so the missing glN64 shouldn't be a too big problem. Both
plugins have been tested with different free available roms from pouet.net and
similar sites.
Some minor glitches had to be fixed during the packaging process, but most of
my patches have been already merged into the upstream svn and will be part of
the next release. Other things like icons with possible copyright violations
have been removed from the orig.tar.gz too and got replaced in mupen64plus'
SVN.
This package is based on the first attempt of Felix Arreola Rodriguez[2], but
in an heavily rewritten form. So this RFS supersedes his request, because he
stopped it[3] some weeks ago.
I hope that someone has the time to check this package and uploads it if it
fulfills all needs. We need only a mentor until it hits the debian archive.
All following uploads can be done by myself.

Best regards,
	Sven Eckelmann

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-legal/2009/06/msg00002.html
[2] http://lists.debian.org/debian-mentors/2009/03/msg00043.html