Re: RFS: procserv

On Thu 31 Dec 2009 4:26:04 George Danchev wrote:
[...]
A couple of things you may want to address:

- You should not touch the Makefile directly (since it could be re-generated), but patch the Makefile.in instead preferably via quilt, see wiki.debian.org.

- Eventually you can give 3.0 (quilt) a try (i.e. it should be easier for you)
http://wiki.debian.org/Projects/DebSrc3.0

- You want to get rid of .hg* in the tarball and .deps in the clean target

- If you maintain your packaging in a version control system, you could also add Vcs-* fields as described in debian policy.

- Binary package procserv could also Suggests: telnet

Hi,

Turned out that a build-gone-wild had messed up my build directory and my cleanup was incomplete. Everything's nice when done in a clean environment: no Makefile, no .deps remain. I removed the .hg* stuff (inherited from upstream repo, it's actually not in the tarball). I will add the Vcs-* tags when the repo I'm doing the packaging in is publicly available. (Do you have a suggestion where to put it? I'm using darcs right now, but could switch.)
I added Suggests: telnet.

and re-uploaded. (And *now* I'm heading for the better stuff to do...)

- Source repository: deb-src http://mentors.debian.net/debian unstable main contrib non-free - dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/p/procserv/procserv_2.5.0-4.dsc

Thanks a lot, Happy New Year!
Ralph