Re: RFS: procserv

Ralph Lange writes:
> Hi,
>
> thanks for having a look.
>
> On Thu 31 Dec 2009 4:26:04 George Danchev wrote:
> > This looks good, perhaps except the capital 'S' in the middle of the
> > application name and the man-page, but I can imagine they had their
> > reasons and it has already been established that way for years.
>
> Correct. I don't like the capital letter either, and was considering
> changing everything to all lowercase (as I am the current upstream
> author), but dropped the idea for exactly that reason.
>
> > - You should not touch the Makefile directly (since it could be
> > re-generated), but patch the Makefile.in instead preferably via quilt,
> > see wiki.debian.org.
>
> Hm. I didn't touch the Makefile. The ...diff shows the complete
> Makefile, probably *because* it was generated. I thought this was
> normal, because I'm using plain cdbs automake rules, and this is what I
> get. What am I missing?

Okay, I just piped the diff.gz to diffstat and the Makefile popped up there which
is an indication for a trouble, regardless whether it is being added as new or
simply modified. That should be enough to debian/rules:

clean::
        rm -f Makefile

Please, have your time, we have better things to do these days ;-)

Happy New Year to all.

P.S. I'm subscribed to the list, so CC is not needed.

--
pub 4096R/0E4BD0AB <people.fccf.net/danchev/key pgp.mit.edu>