Re: RFS: procserv

Hi,

thanks for having a look.

On Thu 31 Dec 2009 4:26:04 George Danchev wrote:
This looks good, perhaps except the capital 'S' in the middle of the application name and the man-page, but I can imagine they had their reasons and it has already been established that way for years.

Correct. I don't like the capital letter either, and was considering changing everything to all lowercase (as I am the current upstream author), but dropped the idea for exactly that reason.

- You should not touch the Makefile directly (since it could be re-generated), but patch the Makefile.in instead preferably via quilt, see wiki.debian.org.

Hm. I didn't touch the Makefile. The ...diff shows the complete Makefile, probably *because* it was generated. I thought this was normal, because I'm using plain cdbs automake rules, and this is what I get. What am I missing?

- Eventually you can give 3.0 (quilt) a try (i.e. it should be easier for you)
http://wiki.debian.org/Projects/DebSrc3.0

Will give it a try (as soon as I have to patch the upstream).

- You want to get rid of .hg* in the tarball and .deps in the clean target

- If you maintain your packaging in a version control system, you could also add Vcs-* fields as described in debian policy.

- Binary package procserv could also Suggests: telnet

Good points. I will address all of those and re-upload when I'm done and have an idea about the Makefile/...diff issue.

Ralph