RFC: mawk (not maintainer, updated package)

Dear mentors and Steve,

I am looking for some advice concerning the new version
1.3.3-20090920-0.1 of the package "mawk".

It builds these binary packages:
mawk       - a pattern scanning and text processing language

The upload would fix these bugs: 38353, 65617, 100808, 127293, 135614, 173664, 189078, 244962, 303825, 339799, 355442, 355966, 485898, 496980, 554167

The previous version used dpatch and had a very old debian/rules file
that did not run the test suite, handle DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS, or
cross-compile.  debian/rules has been rewritten completely (the
upstream makefile cannot handle cross-compilation yet, though).  All
previous patches were applied upstream, so I took the opportunity to
switch to source format 3.0 (quilt).  So this is not really the
traditional sort of minimal non-maintainer upload --- it is
superficially more like a QA upload.

I am wondering what to do next: should I pursue a 14-day delayed NMU?
Do nothing and hope some of my changes are picked up?

- dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/m/mawk/mawk_1.3.3-20090920-0.1.dsc

My motivation was that the Linux kernel source started requiring an
awk that can understand [[:lower:]].  I imagine others will start
running into the same thing sooner or later: mawk 1.3.3 does not
support POSIX regular expressions very well, making it a poor default
awk.  The updated version is far better in that respect.

So I would be glad if someone looked over this package for me.

Kind regards,
Jonathan