keynav: Contains convenience copy of xdotool (was: RFS: keynav)

Package: src:keynav
Version: 0.20080614.01-1
Severity: important

On Tue, Dec 01, 2009 at 05:05:57PM +0800, Wen-Yen Chuang wrote:
> I am looking for a sponsor for the new version 0.20091108-1
> of my package "keynav". (Programming language: C)

The packaging is good, and I would be happy to upload it.  However,
keynav contains the source to 'xdotool', which is also packaged for
Debian.  See the Debian Policy Manual, section 4.13.

I think ideally you need to ask the upstream author to split out the
common code from xdotool and keynav into a shared library.

--
Tim Retout <tim@retout.co.uk>