On conditionally copying config.{guess,sub} (was: Re: RFS: gmfsk (NMU, fixes ftbfs))

On Dec 08 2009, Cyril Brulebois wrote:
> As for config.{guess,sub}, no need to conditionalize the
> 'cp'.

Amen, bro.

> autotools-dev is in Build-Depends and if it'd stop shipping
> those files, or in different locations,

Or if the copy fails for some reason...

> you want to know about this through an FTBFS report rather than
> silently using ancient config.* files.

Exactly my rationale for removing this from my recent packages. I *do*
want to see the errors and break things as soon as possible, instead of
building something that could have strange behaviours.

And it also makes the scripts more readable.

Regards, Rogério Brito.

--
Rogério Brito : rbrito@{ime.usp.br,gmail.com} : GPG key 1024D/7C2CAEB8
http://rb.doesntexist.org : Packages for LaTeX : algorithms.berlios.de