Re: Can /usr/share/doc/<pkg> be deleted on upgrade ?

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI wrote:
> On Qui, 26 Nov 2009, "Lucas B. Cohen" wrote:

>> Is it considered acceptable for a package to blindly delete, then
>> recreate its entire directory under /usr/share/doc upon installation or
>> upgrade ?

> Why exactly do you want to do that? What do you want to achieve?
I'm triaging bugs opened against the Bacula package, and a patch has
been submitted to a .preinst file that can swipe /usr/share/doc/bacula
during upgrades. I'm wondering if I need to take extend the patch to
take care and conditionally backup this directory (in case for example
a sysadmin has stored his personal documentation in there).

Granted, for those who will look, that it is quite improbable in the
case of this specific package.

Lucas B. Cohen

"The question of whether a computer can think is no more interesting
than the
question of whether a submarine can swim."	Edgar W. Dijkstra