Re: $FOO-Forge sites and ‘uscan’

On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 3:45 PM, Ben Finney <ben+debian@benfinney.id.au> wrote:

> I am looking at a package whose source files are published at
> <URL:http://www.kde-look.org/content/show.php?content=32627> which
> appears to be a $FOO-Forge site. This means we get the joy of opaque
> download links, no good for ‘uscan’.
>
> Does every one of these beasts need a separate redirector for ‘uscan’ to
> work with it? Or is there some better way to set up the ‘debian/watch’
> file for such a package's upstream source?

Options in this case:

Talk to kde-look.org and get them to stop using opaque download links
or add a view with non-opaque download links.

Talk to limitland.de/comixcursors folks and get them to expose a
directory listing where they put all their tarballs. Currently they
put them all in limitland.de/ but limitland.de/comixcursors/files/ or
similar might be better.

Setup a kdelook-redirector.debian.net website to work around this.

Enhance uscan to be able to follow links and search for links on the
resulting pages.

Manually checking for new releases every now and then.

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise