Re: RFS: qemu-kvm (kvm)

On 2009-10-16, Felipe Sateler <fsateler@gmail.com> wrote:

>> > I'm trying to make it to work.
>> > And to my shame, I don't know how to do that in another way.
>> > I already support debian users by maintaining the package
>> > out of debian.
>>
>> Simply you can't.
>> You can't take over a package that you feel is neglected without the assent of
>> the current maintainer.
>
> That is not true. That is precisely the point of a hijacking. The
> maintainer has been unresponsive for half a year according to Michael,
> so it is perfectly reasonable to attempt a hijack (even if it was not
> correctly done).

And if Michael Tokarev is who I tihnk he is, he has been very much
encouraged on #debian-devel to pursue maintainership of kvm.

I'm not personally a user of kvm (yet?), but I do feel perfectly safe
with Michael as kvm maintainer. I even think it will be a very big
improvement. If just half the clue he shows in #debian-devel is 'not
faking', I will be very pleased to see a increased involvement of
Michael in Debian.

/Sune