Re: presumable last policy change before releasing Squeeze?

On Tue, 6 Oct 2009, ERSEK Laszlo wrote:

On Tue, 6 Oct 2009, Bernhard R. Link wrote:

= and := are exactly the same, except that := is evaluated once and then
stored, whereas = is evaluated later. If I were you I would be more
worried that all the parsing and reparsing (which causes the need for
the extra $) has some side effects.

Wherever lfs.sh is called, I now use := and $(shell), as you suggested.

I'm embarrassed to admit that I can't do even that. I have to temporarily patch lfs.sh (until a new upstream release) because of the move to EGLIBC. If I don't use the original macro definitions, then lfs.sh is called from debian/rules before it is patched by quilt, which is called only later from debian/rules.

lacos