Re: RFS: aqemu (3rd try)

Hi, Ignace.

On Sep 24 2009, Ignace Mouzannar wrote:
> Hello Eugene,
>
> > Before looking at the package, there is already a Qt4 front-end in
> > Debian repositories - it's 'qtemu' package. What are the advantages
> > of aqemu over qtemu?
>
> Other than offering a qemu Qt4 front-end alternative for debian users,
> aqemu lets you configure most of Qemu's options using a menu driven
> configuration.

I'm not a user of any graphical interfaces to qemu, so I think that I'm
in a perfect condition to re-ask what Eugene asked: what does aqemu
offers that qtemu doesn't?

In the paragraph quoted above, you are just restating something that
seems to be a similarity between both, not a difference.

What would warrant having yet another package in an already big
distribution? Is aqemu leaner? Does it have more features than qtemu?
Is it any "easier" to use? (Of course, "easiness" is not an objective
factor, but that could be a difference).

> Using aqemu, a user can setup an advanced qemu configuration without
> having to manually input qemu flags;  which could appear to be very
> convenient for inexperienced qemu users.

This is something that I would expect from any front-end: if it doesn't
do that, it's failed in its very principle, IMVHO. And you're just
restating here something that you mentioned in the first message.

So, is there anything that an uninformed user that uses qemu only with a
command-line would gain from aqemu that he wouldn't get from qtemu?

Regards,