Re: Issue with dpkg-shlibdepds

Thanks Mike. Sorted that issue out. Didn't realize I'd commented out dh_makeshlibs =)

Another issue sprung up, though. What I need to be able to do now is have libngi3 (0.8) and libngi3 (0.9) installed at the same time. They don't share any binaries that are the same.

I assume this means that I actually have to make libngi3-0.9 and libngi3-0.8 packages as separate entities? Or is there a way to make a package not replace itself if there's something using it?

On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 11:25 PM, Mike Hommey <mh@glandium.org> wrote:
On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 04:09:21PM -0700, Joe Smith wrote:
> Can you provide any insight on how I can get dpkg-shlibdeps to pick this up
> automatically without having to hardcode the libmylib (= 0.8) dependency and
> having to change that every time a new library is compiled against?

Is the application built from the same source package as libmylib ? If
so, try the -S option of dpkg-shlibdeps. Otherwise, does you library
package include a shlibs or a symbols file ? If not, you need to invoke
dh_makeshlibs (if you use debhelper).

Mike