Re: RFS: gforth (adopted & updated)

On Sun, Aug 23, 2009 at 09:39:20AM +0200, Patrick Matthaei wrote:
> Peter Pentchev schrieb:
> > Dear mentors,
> >
> > I am looking for a sponsor for the new version 0.7.0+ds1-1
> > of my package "gforth".  This is an adoption upload (ITA #540827)
> > which pretty much overhauls the Debian packaging, fixes a long-standing
> > manpage rendering problem, and fixes a bug regarding the proper
> > compilation and installation of the Emacs Forth mode file.
> >
> > Gforth used to build a single package, but with this version I'm
> > splitting the shared data out:
> > gforth        - GNU Forth Language Environment
> > gforth-common - GNU Forth architecture-independent dictionaries
> >
> > The package has been tested with lintian and pbuilder.
> >
> > The upload would fix these bugs: 385399 (gforth.el), 540827 (ITA)
> >
> > The package can be found on mentors.debian.net:
> > http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/g/gforth/gforth_0.7.0+ds1-1.dsc
> >
> > JFYI, here's my adoption changelog entry.  I'd be glad for any comments,
> > since I do realize that a whole night of hacking instead of sleeping is
> > liable to leave a loose end or three somewhere :)
> >

> Hello,
>
> on the first look it is fine, but I found a RC bug:
>
> > gforth (0.7.0+ds1-1) unstable; urgency=low
> >
> >   * New maintainer.  Closes: #540827
[snip]
> >   * Break out /usr/share/gforth/ into a gforth-common package.
>
> You are missing replaces and conflicts at your new gforth-common
> package, upgrades / installations would fail if they install your
> - -common package and the old gforth one.

Oh, right.  Thanks!

I've uploaded a new version at the same mentors.d.n. URL:
http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/g/gforth/gforth_0.7.0+ds1-1.dsc

Thanks for the quick peek!

G'luck,
Peter

--
Peter Pentchev	roam@ringlet.net    roam@space.bg    roam@FreeBSD.org
I am jealous of the first word in this sentence.