Re: RFS: libsockets++

hi

thanks for review the package

El mar, 18-08-2009 a las 23:30 +0200, Michal Čihař escribió:
> Hi
>
> Dne Tue, 18 Aug 2009 01:44:08 +0000
> Leinier Cruz Salfran <salfrancl@ipigto.rimed.cu> napsal(a):
>
> > The package can be found on mentors.debian.net:
> > - Source repository: deb-src http://mentors.debian.net/debian unstable main contrib non-free
> > - dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/l/libsockets++/libsockets++_2.3.5-2.dsc
>
> Just quick review:
>
> - you add change license stuff in debian diff without any explanation

I made one change in the license (debian/copyright): the openssl library exception
did I made something wrong?
i followed [1]

> - debian/rules contains lot of commented out things, it looks like this
>   package is ideal candidate for minimal dh based debian/rules

I commented the lines that I do not use for package construct, for
example:
#       dh_installmenu
#       dh_installdebconf
#       dh_installlogrotate
#       dh_installemacsen
#       dh_installpam
#       dh_installmime
#       dh_installinit
#       dh_installcron
#       dh_installinfo
#       dh_installman

should I remove it?

> - please use patch system instead of directly patching sources

okey, i'll investigate how to do it

> - how did you choose soname for the library? what if upstream decides
>   for different numbering later?

I am in contact with the author

> - lintian -I --pendantic:
> I: libsockets++ source: debian-watch-file-is-missing

this is required?

> I: libsockets++ source: binary-control-field-duplicates-source field "section" in package libsockets++2

i used 'dh_make' to contruct 'debian' directory then I modified what I
needed

> P: libsockets++ source: direct-changes-in-diff-but-no-patch-system Ajp13Socket.cpp and 117 more

'177 more' :) .. I followed [1]

i'll fix it

thanks

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-legal/2004/05/msg00595.html