Re: RFS: libsockets++

Hi

Dne Wed, 19 Aug 2009 04:44:18 +0000
Leinier Cruz Salfran <salfrancl@ipigto.rimed.cu> napsal(a):

> El mar, 18-08-2009 a las 23:30 +0200, Michal Čihař escribió:
> > Dne Tue, 18 Aug 2009 01:44:08 +0000
> > Just quick review:
> >
> > - you add change license stuff in debian diff without any explanation
>
> I made one change in the license (debian/copyright): the openssl library exception
> did I made something wrong?
> i followed [1]

But it is the author of the code who can add the exception, not you as
the packager.

> > - debian/rules contains lot of commented out things, it looks like this
> >   package is ideal candidate for minimal dh based debian/rules
>
> I commented the lines that I do not use for package construct, for
> example:
> #       dh_installmenu
> #       dh_installdebconf
> #       dh_installlogrotate
> #       dh_installemacsen
> #       dh_installpam
> #       dh_installmime
> #       dh_installinit
> #       dh_installcron
> #       dh_installinfo
> #       dh_installman
>
> should I remove it?

Yes, please remove things you do not use. Or just use minimal dh based
debian/rules (/usr/share/doc/debhelper/examples/rules.tiny), which seem
to perfectly fit your case.

> > - how did you choose soname for the library? what if upstream decides
> >   for different numbering later?
>
> I am in contact with the author

So the upstream will adapt your numbering?

> > - lintian -I --pendantic:
> > I: libsockets++ source: debian-watch-file-is-missing
>
> this is required?

No, but highly recommended.

> > I: libsockets++ source: binary-control-field-duplicates-source field "section" in package libsockets++2
>
> i used 'dh_make' to contruct 'debian' directory then I modified what I
> needed

You have specified same section for source package and for one binary,
it is not needed.