Re: RFS: djmount

Paul Wise schrieb:
> On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 12:31 AM, Dario Minnucci
> (midget)<debian@midworld.net> wrote:
>> Nick Leverton wrote:
>>> The upstream package contains private copies of libtalloc and pupnp, both of
>>> which are already included in Debian in their own right (libtalloc1 and
>>> libupnp3).  Perhaps you could consider specifying --with-external-libupnp
>>> and --with-external-talloc in your ./configure.  If there are any
>>> changes you need to libupnp3, I would be pleased to receive suggestions
>>> in the BTS.  IANADD so I can't upload for you, sorry.
>> PS: Shall I remove from the original sources 'libupnp' and 'talloc' and rename the package to be
>> DFSG, or it's OK to distribute upstream sources like that ?
>
> By far the best is to talk to upstream and get them to remove the
> embedded code copies along with any patches needed to build properly.

ACK.

> Personally I wouldn't bother stripping the embedded code copies from
> the orig.tar.gz. I would add 'rm -rf libupnp talloc' to debian/rules
> just before the ./configure call so that there is no chance of the
> package being built against the embedded code copies though.

Moving would be better, because with this way you are modifying the
tarball and then you will mostly have an error on building the package
twice.

I also do not see any need for it, if it realy builds against the system
wide libs.

> If you do strip the embedded code copies from the orig.tar.gz, it is
> inappropriate to add +dfsgX to the upstream version number because you
> aren't stripping for DFSG-related reasons. +dsX for "Debian Source" is
> what the devref or policy recommends for non-DFSG repacking IIRC,
> please read about that though, I could be wrong.

I wouldn't prefer this solution. If upstream removes them, everything is
nice, if not, he should live with that..

- --
/*
Mit freundlichem Gruß / With kind regards,
 Patrick Matthäi
 GNU/Linux Debian Developer

E-Mail: pmatthaei@debian.org
        patrick@linux-dev.org