Re: RFS: yajl

On Tuesday 04 August 2009 10:50:20 pm George Danchev wrote:
> The package looks solid, everything is put in place and I was unable
> to find any flaws other than boring nitpicking:
>
> * the short description of the libyajl1-dbg should read `... -
> debugging symbols', instead of ` - library documentation'. Probably a
> copy/paste ;-) * examples would help users to bootstrap more easily
> (optional) * a watch file would help package monitoring
> * send man pages upstream along with the patch of `PIC does not make
> sense for static libs' ;-)

OK.  I updated the package on mentors to take care of those issues.
Upstream already plans to remove the non-free RFC in future releases;
I'll send along the other stuff too.  As for examples, json_reformat and
json_verify are partly intended to show what you can do in < 200 lines,
so I copied those to an 'examples' directory in libyajl-doc.

> * Why the integer test fails on 64-bit machines? Aligning issues?

One test fails if yajl can cope with 64-bit integers.

Discussion here:
http://github.com/lloyd/yajl/issues#issue/1

> * I imagine that at this stage the API is stable enough and drifts
> should be highly unlikely, is that assumption correct for yajl?

Yes, I believe so.  Based on the above discussion, upstream sounds
careful and deliberate about that.

> Let's give some days to the rest interested to look at that library
> package, to see if they can find any flaws. Then we can upload.

OK, thanks!

John