Re: RFS: yajl

On Tuesday 04 August 2009 12:07:11 pm George Danchev wrote:
> I haven't review the package, but it would be very nice if anyone can
> compare that to the json-c project [1], which looks quite serious to
> me, at least as briefly scanning through the code. We have JSON
> implementations in almost any language already available in Debian
> (including a C++ one, which is nice), but not for C. I haven't used
> neither of these, but would appreciate a review by someone who has
> used any of these in their apps.
>
> [1] http://oss.metaparadigm.com/json-c/
> (documentation is scarce)

Hi,

I haven't done a comparison either, but it looks like yajl was created
partly out of frustration with json-c.[1]

As for applications, argyll[2] includes libyajl in its private
libraries, and when lastfm-desktop[3] is released it will most likely
have it among its build-depends.  gdal[4] embeds json-c.

[1] http://trickyco.de/2009/05/parse-json-in-ruby-in-14-the-time-of-yaml/
[2] http://packages.qa.debian.org/a/argyll.html
[4] http://packages.qa.debian.org/g/gdal.html