Re: Avoiding gzipping in /usr/shared/info

Le Sun, Aug 02, 2009 at 05:27:55AM +0200, Torsten Bronger a écrit :

> In one phase during packaging, all files in /usr/shared/info get
> zipped.  The problem is that some of them are PNGs in my case.  How
> can I avoid this, or how can I undo it before the deb is created?

Bonjour Torsten,

the keyword that would have given you the answer is ’compress’ instead of
’zip’.

aqwa『~』$ html2text /usr/share/doc/cdbs/cdbs-doc.html | grep -i compress
    * dh_compress
To avoid compressing files with a .py extension:
DEB_COMPRESS_EXCLUDE = .py
The following files are excluded from compression:
automatically. The system can handle compressed patches with an additionnal .gz

aqwa『~』$ grep -ri compress /usr/share/cdbs/1/
/usr/share/cdbs/1/rules/debhelper.mk:# DEB_COMPRESS_EXCLUDE
/usr/share/cdbs/1/rules/debhelper.mk:#   Regular expressions matching files which should not be compressed.
/usr/share/cdbs/1/rules/debhelper.mk:# This rule is called after stripping; it compresses, fixes permissions,
/usr/share/cdbs/1/rules/debhelper.mk:	dh_compress -p$(cdbs_curpkg) $(call cdbs_add_dashx,$(DEB_COMPRESS_EXCLUDE)) $(DEB_DH_COMPRESS_ARGS)
/usr/share/cdbs/1/class/kde.mk:DEB_COMPRESS_EXCLUDE = .dcl .docbook -license .tag .sty .el

Maybe you can try to use DEB_COMPRESS_EXCLUDE to avoid compression of PNGs.

By the way, is /usr/share/info the best place for your images ?

Ciao,

--
Charles Plessy
Tsurumi, Kanagawa, Japan