Avoiding gzipping in /usr/shared/info

Hallöchen!

In one phase during packaging, all files in /usr/shared/info get
zipped.  The problem is that some of them are PNGs in my case.  How
can I avoid this, or how can I undo it before the deb is created?

I package a pure Python program with CDBS.  I tried to unzip the
PNGs in the "install", "binary", and "cleanbuilddir" rules but it's
too early (they aren't zipped yet).  However, in the .deb, they are.

Thank you.

Tschö,
Torsten.

                   Jabber ID: torsten.bronger@jabber.rwth-aachen.de