Re: RFS: lshell (3rd try)

Hola Ignace Mouzannar!

El 24/07/2009 a las 11:18 escribiste:
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "lshell".

> I have made some modifications in the debian/control as well as
> debian/lshell.postinst files, and added a debian/lshell.dirs file.
> lshell now uses python-support instead of python-central.

> * Package name    : lshell
>   Version         : 0.9.4-1
>   Upstream Author : Ignace Mouzannar <mouzannar@gmail.com>
> * URL             : http://lshell.ghantoos.org
> * License         : GPL
>  Section         : shells

> It builds these binary packages:
> lshell     - restricts a user's shell environment to limited sets of commands

> lshell is a shell coded in Python that lets you restrict a user's environment
> to limited sets of commands, choose to enable/disable any command over SSH
> (e.g. SCP, SFTP, rsync, etc.), log user's commands, implement timing
> restrictions, and more.

A few comments, in decreasing severity order:
 - You are creating a group lshellg in postinst using groupadd, without
   checking the group existance, this would fail on reinstall, or upgrade, so,
   you to check the existance of the group, you should use addgroup instead of
   groupadd, the group should be called lshell, and it must be a system group
   (--system in addgroup). Or you can decide to use adm or nogroup.
 - The tar.gz provided is not the same file that upstream distributes (you had
   probably recreated the tar.gz)
 - The license states GPL 2 or any later version, the copyright file refers
   the user to the GPL-3 license, while this can hardly be a problem, it might
   be better to point the user to the GPL license
 - I personally don't like using cdbs, I suggest you to also learn to package
   using debhelper, as well

--
"We must be very careful when we give advice to younger people: sometimes they
follow it!" -- Edsger W. Dijkstra