Re: RFS: fslint (updated package)

Hola Pádraig Brady!

El 23/07/2009 a las 16:53 escribiste:
> I am looking for a sponsor for the new version 2.40-2
> of my package "fslint".
>
> It builds these binary packages:
> fslint     - A utility to fix problems with filesystems' data, like duplicate

> - Source repository: deb-src http://mentors.debian.net/debian unstable main contrib non-free
> - dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/f/fslint/fslint_2.40-2.dsc

A few comments:
 - Standards-Version are a bit old 3.8.0, while 3.8.2 is the current one,
   please check that in furter uploads.
 - Concerning bugs:
   * #511805, should have been answered and closed. findutils is an essential
     package, there is no need to declare essential packages as dependecies,
     you added the dependency, and the bug will be closed in this upload,
     there is no harm in this but it's not the best solution.
   * You closed a few debian bugs in a version that never hit Debian
     repositories, that requires some manual tweaking to process the correct
     part of the changelog, please avoid it.
   * You package version is 2.40-2, which would not include the original
     source in the upload, and requires some manual tweaking to do so, please
     avoid that.
 - You need to keep in contact with your mentors, that will accelerate your
   uploads, once you gain their trust you might prefer to advocate as a
   debian maintainer, so you can upload your own packages, it might be
   educational to have a new mentor in every upload, but it's quite inefficient
   (you are encouraged to ask for help, though).
   ""I can't get 2.28 into debian because the mentor process sucks."", that's
   not it.

I'm uploading your package, please consider the previous comments in further
changes.

--
: You are in a dark room with a compiler, emacs, an internet connection,
: and a thermos of coffee.