Re: RFS: deejayd (updated package)

[Sending you a copy in case you are not subscribed]

Hi,

Alexandre Rossi wrote:

> Dear mentors,
>
> I am looking for a sponsor for the new version 0.8.3-1
> of my package "deejayd".

[...]
> The package appears to be lintian clean. The informational messages
> can be ignored because both debhelper and python are needed to run the
> clean target.
> $ lintian -IE --pedantic deejayd_0.8.2-1.dsc
> I: deejayd source: build-depends-without-arch-dep debhelper
> I: deejayd source: build-depends-without-arch-dep python

Whenever that happens you should report them. I just did it: #536405

> To sum up the changelog, this new version :
> - is a new upstream version that fixes a lot,
> - fixes the build with python 2.6 (change of install locations),

Which fixes an ubuntu bug but you are not closing it. The syntax is LP:
#nnnn

> - handles pyinotify >= 0.8 API changes,
> - closes #535374 (bashism in debian/rules) which is not in the
> changelog because it has been fixed a while ago,
> - eases the connection with Xorg (this is a daemon running with its
> own privileges, so connection to Xorg is tricky).

debian/50...:
> tmpauthfile=`mktemp -p /tmp deejayd-reuse.XXXXXX`
why do you specify a directory instead of letting mktemp find one on its
own?

debian/deejayd?deejayd-xserver.init
> if [ -z "`hostname --version 2>&1 | grep GNU`" ]; then
if ! hostname --version 2>&1 | grep -q GNU; then
> xserverauthfile=`mktemp -p /tmp serverauth.XXXXXXXXXX`
same as above

And the script doesn't correctly handle the case where the default file has
been removed (it expects the vars to be always defined). The Xsession
script doesn't handle an unset DEEJAYD_DISPLAYNAME and DEEJAYD_XAUTHORITY
vars either. [ -r ] is evaluated to true.

And:
$ checkbashisms -x debian/50deejayd_steal-session
script debian/50deejayd_steal-session does not appear to have a #!
interpreter line;
you may get strange results
possible bashism in debian/50deejayd_steal-session line 7 (should be 'b =
a'):
    if [ "$DEEJAYD_XSERVER_METHOD" == "reuse" ]; then

I've added a new rule to force the check of files in /etc/Xsession.d to the
script I use on my archive-wide runs.

There are probably other issues, but that's my review for now.

Cheers,
--
Raphael Geissert - Debian Developer
www.debian.org - get.debian.net