Re: RFS: xmms2 (updated package)

Dear mentors,

I have updated the xmms2 package. Here you can find the dsc file:
http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/x/xmms2/xmms2_0.6DrMattDestruction-2.dsc

The package is not lintian free, but very improved compared to version
0.6DrMattDestruction-1. Here are the remaining issues (lintian -iIv
--pedantic):

P: xmms2 source: direct-changes-in-diff-but-no-patch-system .gitignore
and 5 more

As written before, we use git instead of patches to track changes.

W: binary-without-manpage

I have filed an upstream bugreport for that.

I: libxmmsclient5: no-symbols-control-file usr/lib/libxmmsclient.so.5.0.0
N:
N:    Although the package includes a shared library, the package does not
N:    have a symbols control file.
N:
N:    dpkg can use symbols files in order to generate more accurate library
N:    dependencies for applications, based on the symbols from the library
N:    that are actually used by the application.
N:
N:    Refer to the dpkg-gensymbols(1) manual page and
N:    http://wiki.debian.org/UsingSymbolsFiles for details.
N:
N:    Severity: wishlist, Certainty: certain

I have no idea, neither why I get this, nor how to fix it.
debian/libxmmsclient5/DEBIAN/shlibs was created and contains
"libxmmsclient 5 libxmmsclient5 (>= 0.6DrMattDestruction)". So why is
lintian complaining?

Florian Ragwitz, the maintainer of xmms2, is very busy and have no time
for it. He agreed on asking here for a sponsor. Please CC Florian and
me, if you response to this mail, because we did not subscribe this
mailing list.

Cheers,
Benjamin