Re: RFS: xmms2 (updated package)

Hi Benjamin,

On Fri, Jun 5, 2009 at 15:15, Benjamin Drung<benjamin.drung@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear mentors,
>
> I am looking for a sponsor for the new version 0.6DrMattDestruction-2
> of my package "xmms2".

>From a fast look:

1. there seems to be upstream file modificed without a patch system:
would you please add one (or consider it and if you choose not to use
one explain the reason)?

$ zcat xmms2_0.6DrMattDestruction-2.diff.gz | filterdiff -x
"*/debian/*" | diffstat
 .gitignore                                    |   31 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 COPYING                                       |    6 ++---
 src/clients/lib/perl/wscript                  |    6 ++---
 src/include/xmmsclient/xmmsclient++/helpers.h |    1

2. there is no debian/watch file - please add one

3. no need to b-d on python, since python-all-dev takes it already in

4. debian copyright
   - there should be a section about debian packaging copyright
   - please separate copyright and license sections

5. the package is absolutely *not* lintian clean! use

$ lintian -iIv --pedantic /path/tot/xmms2_0.6DrMattDestruction-2_i386.changes

and you'll see  a lot of output. Many items are to be discarded (like
no upstream changelog, long description too short and so) but:

- binary-without-manpage
- hyphen-used-as-minus-sign
- no-symbols-control-file
- unused-override

should be addressed.

At this point, I didn't check further.

> Florian Ragwitz, the maintainer of xmms2, is very busy and have no time
> for it. He agreed on asking here for a sponsor.
>
> Please CC Florian and me, if you response to this mail, because we did
> not subscribe this mailing list.

done.

Cheers,