Re: ITS: arc-colors, gnome-colors, shiki-colors are ready

On Thu, 04 Jun 2009 20:42:54 +0200 Benjamin Drung wrote:

> Am Donnerstag, den 04.06.2009, 13:18 +0200 schrieb Evgeni Golov:
> > On Fri, 29 May 2009 14:31:38 +0200 Benjamin Drung wrote:
> >
> > > I would be glad if someone uploaded this package for me.
> >
> > Okay, Dima was right, thursday, not tuesday :)
> > But here comes my review, very cosmetic:
> >
> > arc-colors-1.7.1/debian/copyright:
> > + You miss © everywhere.
> > + Please write an own Copyright: line for every copyright owner.
>
> Both are changed in current DEP 5 proposal [1]. I will update the
> copyright header section to reflect it.

Great. I'm again living on the moon. Your point :)

> > + Do you have years of copyright and mail-addresses for Daniel P. Fore
> >   and Nuno Pinheiro? And maybe you can list the files copyrighted by
> >   them?
>
> I searched for the email addresses, but I do not found one. Victor, do
> you have the email addresses?
>
> > + COPYING says GPL-2+, you write GPL-2 for upstreams code?
>
> COPYING only says, that it is GPL-2. It does not specify if it is "v2
> only" or "v2 or later". So we should assume "v2 only".

COPYING is a pure copy of the GPL v2, which also includes the stanza
one should copy to the source files:
[...]
    (at your option) any later version.
[...]
That's why I'm asking. We have no headers in the files that reproduce
this (or the no-"at your option"" version).

> COPYING only says, that it is GPL-3. It does not specify if it is "v3
> only" or "v3 or later". Victor, do you allow later versions of GPL?

Same here.

> > shiki-colors-murrine-3.9.1/debian/control:
> > + Package: shiki-colors-xfwm-theme should be section xfce?
>
> Yes, I will change it.

Thanks.

Regards (will reply to the other mails separatelly)
Evgeni

--
Bruce Schneier Fact Number 188:
Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle doesn't protect your qubits from