Re: ITS: arc-colors, gnome-colors, shiki-colors are ready

Am Donnerstag, den 04.06.2009, 13:18 +0200 schrieb Evgeni Golov:
> On Fri, 29 May 2009 14:31:38 +0200 Benjamin Drung wrote:
>
> > I would be glad if someone uploaded this package for me.
>
> Okay, Dima was right, thursday, not tuesday :)
> But here comes my review, very cosmetic:
>
> arc-colors-1.7.1/debian/copyright:
> + You miss © everywhere.
> + Please write an own Copyright: line for every copyright owner.

Both are changed in current DEP 5 proposal [1]. I will update the
copyright header section to reflect it.

> + Do you have years of copyright and mail-addresses for Daniel P. Fore
>   and Nuno Pinheiro? And maybe you can list the files copyrighted by
>   them?

I searched for the email addresses, but I do not found one. Victor, do
you have the email addresses?

> + COPYING says GPL-2+, you write GPL-2 for upstreams code?

COPYING only says, that it is GPL-2. It does not specify if it is "v2
only" or "v2 or later". So we should assume "v2 only".

> shiki-colors-murrine-3.9.1/debian/copyright:
> + You miss © everywhere.
> + Please write an own Copyright: line for every copyright owner.

Same as in arc-colors.

> + COPYING says GPL-3+, you write GPL-3 for upstreams code?

COPYING only says, that it is GPL-3. It does not specify if it is "v3
only" or "v3 or later". Victor, do you allow later versions of GPL?

> shiki-colors-murrine-3.9.1/debian/control:
> + Package: shiki-colors-xfwm-theme should be section xfce?

Yes, I will change it.

> gnome-colors-3.8.5/debian/copyright:
> + You miss © everywhere.
> + Please write an own Copyright: line for every copyright owner.

Same as in arc-colors.

> + COPYING says GPL-2+, you write GPL-2 for upstreams code?

Same as in arc-colors.

> + Do you have years of copyright for the other contributors?

They are copied from gnome-icon-theme. I will add 2002-2008 to all of
them.

>   And maybe you can list the files copyrighted by them? As they do not
>   have copyright over ALL files as listed at the moment.

I do not know if it is possible. Victor, do you know, which files are
based on gnome-icon-theme files?

> + Files: Tango based icons, can you list them? Files: should be a
>   shell-glob/regular expression/whatever (*machine* readable :))

Same again. Victor, can you list them?

>   All copyright information should be in debian/copyright, and you have
>   it imho... so the line is not needed.

Ok, I will remove it.

> For the GPL-X+ vs GPL-X issue, I guess it's just a matter of correct
> documentation. Maybe upstream should write something like "This is
> licensed under GPL version X, see the full text of the license in
> COPYING" into AUTHORS?

This sounds good. Only shiki-colors can be licensed under GPL-3 or GPL-3
+. The other packages must be GPL-2 only, because they are based on
packages which are either GPL-2 only or it is unclear if later versions
are allowed.
Victor, can you add these information to the AUTHORS file? Either use
one sentence like "This package is licensed under GNU General Public
License version 3, or (at your option) any later version." or (better)
use the three paragraphs template shown at the end of the license under
"How to Apply These Terms to Your New Programs".

> Besides of these, I'm fine with an upload. So waiting for your fixes :)

Nice to hear^Wread.

Cheers,
Benjamin

[1] http://dep.debian.net/deps/dep5/