Re: RFS: skanlite

Kai Wasserbäch <debian@carbon-project.org> writes:

> > == Documentation ==
> > * Your code doesn't have a changelog [+10 points of FAIL]
>
> As the code is maintained in a VCS, $VCS log is commonly very helpful.
> ([3]) ;)

A VCS log dump is rarely useful as a changelog. The VCS log is
*developer-focussed, describing every commit to the VCS. The changelog
is *user*-focussed, and should describe every user-visible change since
the previous release.

I agree that not having a user-focussed changelog is worth an increase
in points of fail.

> I must admit, that I would have preferred a form of notification which
> would look less embarrassing to me. But that can't be helped now.

No need to feel embarrassed. I don't think anyone should have a negative
opinion of the *person* who receives this information about their work,
*unless* they then ignore the advice offered :-)

--
 \     “Please do not feed the animals. If you have any suitable food, |
  `\                     give it to the guard on duty.” —zoo, Budapest |