Re: RFS: skanlite

Dear Paul,
Paul Wise schrieb:
> A breakdown of the points of FAIL:
>
> == Source Control ==
> * There is no documentation on how to use it for new users [ +5 points of FAIL ]

It's more or less the same for all KDE sub-projects, so that is centrally
documented at [0] (or [1]). I' expect special documentation if the program would
deviate from that.

> == Building From Source ==
> * There is no documentation on how to build from source [ +20 points of FAIL ]

Apart from the fact, that those instructions are included in the doc directory
(though I agree, »&install.compile.documentation;« might be irritating on the
first look *g*), one can always have a look at [2].

> == Communication ==
> * Your project does not have a website [ +50 points of FAIL]

The only FAIL I see too, but I'll guess there will be a homepage in the future.

> == Documentation ==
> * Your code doesn't have a changelog [+10 points of FAIL]

As the code is maintained in a VCS, $VCS log is commonly very helpful. ([3]) ;)

> === FAIL METER ===
> 65-90 points of FAIL: Kittens die when your code is downloaded

Remaining FAIL points: 50 and I hate kittens, those evil creatures created by
people who offer paint jobs for cars. (Don't take that too serious.)

> Apologies for this mail, but I just couldn't resist trying out the
> FAIL criteria. I chose your RFS because it was the latest one without
> a reply. Again, please accept my apologies if you don't consider this
> mail the slight bit humorous.

I must admit, that I would have preferred a form of notification which would
look less embarrassing to me. But that can't be helped now.

Kind regards,
Kai Wasserbäch

[0] http://techbase.kde.org/
[1] http://techbase.kde.org/Getting_Started
[2] http://docs.kde.org/development/en/extragear-graphics/skanlite/installation.html
[3] svn log svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/extragear/graphics/skanlite

--

Kai Wasserbäch (Kai Wasserbaech)

E-Mail: debian@carbon-project.org
Jabber (debianforum.de): Drizzt
GnuPG: 0xE1DE59D2      0600 96CE F3C8 E733 E5B6 1587 A309 D76C E1DE 59D2
(http://pgpkeys.pca.dfn.de/pks/lookup?search=0xE1DE59D2&fingerprint=on&hash=on&op=vindex)