Re: RFS: pslist -- utility that lists, kills, or renices a process and its descendants

Peter Pentchev <roam@ringlet.net> writes:

> pslist     - utility that lists, kills, or renices a process and
>              its descendants

This is a good synopsis; my only note would be that it's a little too
long. Perhaps this is better:

    utility for management of a process and its descendants

>  pslist is a simple utility to list the process ID's of a process and all
>  its children, and its children's children, and so on.

The apostophe (“'”) is never used to form a plural. You might also
ensure the term “PID” appears in the description, so that searches
using that term will find your package.

I would suggest the above should read:

   … process IDs (PIDs) of a process and …

>  If invoked with a command name which ends in 'kill', it sends a
>  signal to a selected group of processes. If invoked with a command
>  name which ends in 'renice', it sets the nice level of the selected
>  group of processes.

This sounds useful. Good fortune getting your package inspected and
sponsored.

--
 \      “The best mind-altering drug is truth.” —Jane Wagner, via Lily |
  `\                                                            Tomlin |