Re: Not RFS: febootstrap (ITP #530425)

On Mon, May 25, 2009 at 3:55 PM, Richard W.M. Jones <rjones@redhat.com> wrote:

> This isn't (yet) a request for sponsorship.  Just hoping that someone
> will take a look at this package to see how I've done.  It's been
> quite a number of years since I did any Debian packaging, so I've
> probably made any number of elementary mistakes.

A quick review:

I'd recommend licensing the Debian packaging under the same license as
the upstream stuff.

typo in one of the fakechroot patches: s/upstreak/upstream/

debian/docs lists a README file but one doesn't exist in the unpacked
upstream source you pointed at.

Upstream doesn't appear to contain any source code that is compiled,
are you sure you need the cross-build stuff? Same for the CFLAGS stuff
and shlibs stuff.

Please remove all the comments from debian/rules, all of them look unnessecary.

In debian/control, please s/upx/upx-nrv/

Why the suggests on filelight and upx?

Is README.Debian really nessecary?

--
bye,