Re: Updated packge on m.d.n (was: RFS: kde-plasmoid-yawp)

On 2009-05-22, John Stamp <jstamp@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> On Friday 22 May 2009 11:12:36 am Kai Wasserbäch wrote:
>>   Dear mentors,
>> an updated package of kde-plasmoid-yawp has been uploaded to
>> mentors.debian.net, the new dgetable URL is:
>> http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/k/kde-plasmoid-yawp/kde-pl
>>asmoid-yawp_0.2.3-2.dsc

Plasma-widgets are not packaged in kde-plasmoid packages, but in
plasma-widget-something, in this case probably plasma-widget-yawp

How does this weather plasma widget differ from the two other we have in
debian? (the one in plasma-widget-weather and the one from
plasma-widgets-addons)

> I'm not a DD, but I have a few comments about the packaging...
>
> dpkg-shlibdeps_fix_spurious_dependencies.patch:
>
> Why not add pkg-kde-tools to your Build-Depends?  You can set
> DEB_KDE_LINK_WITH_AS_NEEDED, plus you'll be using the same cmake setup
> that all of the other KDE packages use.

If you can fix the issues by fixing the build system instead of using
--as-needed, it is much preferred to fix the build system (and send it
upstream).

But depending on which libraries that is spurious, it might be better to
ignore it.

for example, libgcc_s is unavoidable.

> top_CMakeLists.txt_remove_FindPlasma_if-else-statement.patch:
>
> This patch seems to fix a problem that does not exist.  You probably
> don't even need to restrict to kdelibs5-dev (>= 4:4.2.0).  Or am I
> missing something?

Plasma has changed quite a bit before and after 4.2.X, so I_think this
simplifies it a lot.

> README.Debian:
>
> I'd remove it.  It just duplicates info found in the description.

Ack.

/Sune
 - kde maint.