Re: RFS: gearmand

Monty Taylor schrieb:
> I have fixed that, and have uploaded a new version to mentors. Upstream
> released a new version today which fixed some of the problems I'd found
> in packaging the first time.
>
> http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/g/gearmand/gearmand_0.6-1.dsc

* debian/control:
- - There are some ${shlibs:Depends} missing
- - Why are you using direct depends on libfooX (=) instead of
shlibs:Depends?

* debian/rules:
- - Do you realy need chrpath? Have you tried out the configure option
- --disable-rpath?
- - If you want to use chrpath, you have to build depend on it

* debian/gearman-server.init:
- - What happens if /var/run is not present/mounted on a ramfs?

* debian/libgearman-dev.lintian-overrides:
- - Are you sure that this file is needed?

lintian:
Please patch the manpage:
I: gearman-client: hyphen-used-as-minus-sign
usr/share/man/man1/gearman.1.gz:10
I: gearman-client: hyphen-used-as-minus-sign
usr/share/man/man1/gearman.1.gz:16
I: gearman-client: hyphen-used-as-minus-sign
usr/share/man/man1/gearman.1.gz:22
.. and get sure that you use a patch system for your changes ;)

Also:
I: libgearman-dev: arch-dep-package-has-big-usr-share 6588kB 94%

You might split up the package in an arch any and arch all one.

- --
/*
Mit freundlichem Gruß / With kind regards,
 Patrick Matthäi
 GNU/Linux Debian Developer

E-Mail: pmatthaei@debian.org
        patrick@linux-dev.org