Re: RFS: subtitlecomposer (new package, second try)

Le Tue, May 19, 2009 at 02:02:54AM +0200, José Manuel Santamaría Lema a écrit :
>    http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/s/subtitlecomposer/subtitlecomposer_0.5.2-1.dsc

Dear José,

Thank you for bringing Subtitle Composer to our users.

I had a quick inspection at your license summary (debian/copyright), and it is
missing two entries:

./src/player/mplayer/mediadata.h: *   Copyright (C) 2007 Ricardo Villalba (rvm@escomposlinux.org)           *
./src/widgets/pointingslider.h: *   Copyright (C) 2007 Ricardo Villalba (rvm@escomposlinux.org)           *
./src/widgets/attachablewidget.cpp: *   Copyright (C) 2006-2008 Ricardo Villalba (rvm@escomposlinux.org)      *
./src/widgets/pointingslider.cpp: *   Copyright (C) 2007 Ricardo Villalba (rvm@escomposlinux.org)           *
./src/widgets/attachablewidget.h: *   Copyright (C) 2006-2008 Ricardo Villalba (rvm@escomposlinux.org)      *

 *   smplayer, GUI front-end for mplayer.                                  *
 *   Copyright (C) 2006-2008 Ricardo Villalba (rvm@escomposlinux.org)      *
 *   modified for inclusion in Subtitle Composer                           *
 *   Copyright (C) 2007-2008 Sergio Pistone (sergio_pistone@yahoo.com.ar)  *
 *   This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify  *
 *   it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by  *
 *   the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or     *
 *   (at your option) any later version.                                   *
 *   This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,       *
 *   but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of        *
 *   MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the         *
 *   GNU General Public License for more details.                          *
 *   You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License     *
 *   along with this program; if not, write to the                         *
 *   Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor,      *
 *   Boston, MA 02110-1301, USA.                                           *
 ***************************************************************************/

While it is under debate whether debian/copyright needs to list all copyright
holders, I think it would be fair and informative to mention these five files
(as it in addition conveys information about source code duplication).

./src/player/xine/FindXCB.cmake:# Copyright (c) 2007, Matthias Kretz, <kretz@kde.org>

# Copyright (c) 2007, Matthias Kretz, <kretz@kde.org>
#
# Redistribution and use is allowed according to the terms of the BSD license.
# For details see the accompanying COPYING-CMAKE-SCRIPTS file.

For this one, it would require to dig in the KDE sources to see which BSD
license is used.

I also had a look at your watch file and it seems that it does not use the
sf.net redirector. The following entry is probably more resilient to mirror
changes: http://sf.net/subcomposer/subtitlecomposer-(.*)\.tar\.bz2

Minor detail: in /usr/share/doc/subtitlecomposer, the upstream changelog is
duplicated. Also, is the KRAZY file really useful?

aqwa『subtitlecomposer-0.5.2』$ md5sum /usr/share/doc/subtitlecomposer/*
e2c3392909ac230327dbde5f70c6e4f0  /usr/share/doc/subtitlecomposer/AUTHORS
f1b7e1469507ac638ed873311163f0ed  /usr/share/doc/subtitlecomposer/changelog.Debian.gz
0232eb261ac99aebbb91429fbc1cfa72  /usr/share/doc/subtitlecomposer/changelog.gz
0232eb261ac99aebbb91429fbc1cfa72  /usr/share/doc/subtitlecomposer/ChangeLog.gz
26b644bd331aae3c5c845132d2696d48  /usr/share/doc/subtitlecomposer/copyright
34a70c3dfa2dd102a1336d86035ba138  /usr/share/doc/subtitlecomposer/KRAZY.gz
b421b16ced22d50074844eb6f66068ff  /usr/share/doc/subtitlecomposer/TODO

Lastly, can you annotate your patches? Please submit them upstream if they do
not originate from there, or document that fact in that case. You can add
relevant URLs in the patch header. In the Debian Med team, we often have the
following four fields: Author, Description, Forwarded (No + reason, or URL if
yes), and License (‘Same as Subtitle Composer’ would be the best).

While I have interest to see this package in Debian, I hope you can find
somebody more qualified than me for this program. Have you tried to contact the
KDE team or the debian-multimedia team?

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy