Re: architecture wildcards, type-handling, etc.

Hi

Ok, p-a-s means Packages-arch-specific, as Paul Wise explained.

On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 06:43:19AM +0200, Laurent Guignard wrote:
> On Thu, 14 May 2009 19:25:46 +0200, Salvatore Bonaccorso wrote:
> > On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 04:26:56PM +0200, Cyril Brulebois wrote:
> > > brian m. carlson <sandals@crustytoothpaste.ath.cx> (14/05/2009):
> > >
> > > Which is why people are expected to:
> > >  - Make their packages FTBFS ASAP in the build system, to make it
> > >    obvious it's not intended to even be tried on $archs.
> > >  - Then get the P-a-s entry added.
> >
> > Could that a bit be explainend? I do not understand the following:
> > Assuming I have a package, which I know it is only working under i386
> > and amd64, but has the "bug" that it builds correctly on another
> > architecture (but is then not usable there), does this mean, that I
> > should not put only i386 and amd64 in "Architecture" field, but
> > instead nevertheless let "any" by in the Architechture field, but then
> > on build time, let the build fail on say powerpc?

Ok, thanks for the explaiaintion. I tried to search in the policy
regarding that, but didn't find it at the moment, but will check again
with your hint. I'm also only at the beginning. Indeed the question is
not only "hippotetical", since such a question affects one of my
packages. So I wondered what Cyril Brulebois meant exaclty, since I
didn't understand exactly.

Kind regards
Salvatore