Re: ITR: scrotwm - dynamic tiling window manager

Hi Andrea,

On 09/05/18 13:41 +0530, Y Giridhar Appaji Nag said ...
> On 09/05/17 23:36 +0200, Andrea Bolognani said ...
> > On Mon, 20 Apr 2009 10:48:12 +0200
> > Andrea Bolognani <eof@kiyuko.org> wrote:
> >
> > > I am looking for a sponsor for my package "scrotwm".
> > >
> > > The upload would fix these bugs: 514322
> > >
> > > I would be glad if someone uploaded this package for me.
>
> I will review this package.

I took a look at the package and have a bunch of comments:

- It is not necessary that README.source be installed, README.source is for
  source packages only.

- Any reason why you call ./debian/rules unpatch and not just depend on the
  unpatch target?

- Per policy, binary-arch and binary-indep are optional.  In your case there
  aren't complex arch/indep parts, so you can just have a binary: target.

- It might be a good idea to use a examples file rather than listing all the
  files installed as examples (you have more than one or two example files).

- apm executable in Debian is in /usr/bin and not in /usr/sbin.  Should you
  Patch baraction.sh appropriately?

- Since spawn_term uses x-terminal-emulator, you would want to Recommend
  x-terminal-emulator | xterm?

- There are references to a "scrot" program in screenshot.sh, where does one
  find that program?

- Are you recommending xfonts-terminus package because terminus-medium is the
  default setting in scrotwm.conf?  Just wondering if you could downgrade that
  to a suggests.

The package looks neat otherwise, thank you for the good work :)

Cheers,

Giridhar

--
Y Giridhar Appaji Nag | http://people.debian.org/~appaji/