Re: Bug 510765 won't appear as closed

On Thu, 14 May 2009, Rodrigo Gallardo wrote:
> On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 01:24:29PM -0700, Don Armstrong wrote:
> > Finally, if you don't know why it's not being fixed, feel free to
> > ask here or in #debbugs on irc.debian.org; mucking with the
> > found/fixed versions when the bug was actually found in that
> > version generally isn't a good idea.
>
> So, what exactly is the use case for fixed?

fixed is there for cases where you've already -done'ed the bug, and
want to directly modify the fixed list (say you forgot to mention that
you fixed it in the changelog, or made a mistake, or someone found it
improperly, or...)

In most normal cases, you shouldn't need to use the fixed, found,
notfixed, or notfound commands directly. [Mails to nnn@b.d.o with a
Version: psuedoheader do found (and reopen if appropriate), and mails
to nnn-done@b.d.o with a Version: pseudoheader do fixed and done.]

Don Armstrong

--
We have to face the fact that either all of us are going to die
together or we are going to learn to live together and if we are to