Re: include desktop file and icon

On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 05:49:02PM +0200, Grammostola Rosea wrote:
> Paul Wise wrote:

> >> Comments, suggestions to solve this?
> >>

> > phasex.desktop  usr/share/applications
> > pixmaps/* usr/share/pixmaps
> >

> thanks
>
> lintian says:
> P: phasex source: direct-changes-in-diff-but-no-patch-system
> misc/phasex.desktop and 1 more

Sigh.  And what does "lintian -i" say about that?  And what
does that actually *mean*?  And do you want to use a patch system?
And if you do, why not use one?  And if there are really good
reasons why you don't want to use a patch system, then you can
ignore this warning - but only after you've come to understand
what it means and why it is there.

And understanding what it means and why it is there is usually -
and in this case, too - as simple as *reading* the output of
"lintian -i", thinking about it a bit, then reading what people
with similar issues have said and done on the -mentors list,
and sometimes examining a couple of packages that are already in
Debian to see how they deal with it.

In this particular case, just reading the additional information
that Lintian displays ought to be enough to understand it :)

Erm... I hope this doesn't seem harsh; it isn't meant to be.
Just a piece of well-meant advice that has helped me deal with
lintian warnings and other packaging problems in the past
year or two :)

G'luck,
Peter

--
Peter Pentchev	roam@ringlet.net    roam@space.bg    roam@FreeBSD.org
This sentence contradicts itself - or rather - well, no, actually it doesn't!