Re: How to create quilt-based source packages using debuild

Benjamin Mesing <bensmail@gmx.net> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I am having trouble understanding how to build a quilt based
> source-package. My packaging is based on quilt, but when running
> debuild, debuild creates a traditional style source package.
> I've tried to add "Format: 3.0 (quilt)" to the control file and a Format
> 3 source package is correctly created (i.e. an orig.tar.gz and a
> debian.tar.gz), but that resulted in a lintian warning:
>         W: umlet source: empty-debian-diff
> and dpkg-genchanges complains about
>         dpkg-genchanges: warning: unknown information field 'Format' in input data in general section of control info file
>
> Are those tools not yet quilt ready or am I doing something wrong?
>
> Best regards
>
> Ben

Start with the unpatched upstream source.
Copy the debian dir in including debian/patches/.
echo "3.0 (quilt)" >debian/source/format
remove patch system from debian/rules if present
debuild

If you want to edit a patch you can then use

QUILT_PATCHES=debian/patches quilt push/pop/refresh/add/rm/...

MfG
        Goswin