Re: How to create quilt-based source packages using debuild

2009/5/3 Noel David Torres Taño <envite@rolamasao.org>:
> On Sunday 03 May 2009 08:15:42 Benjamin Mesing wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am having trouble understanding how to build a quilt based
>> source-package. My packaging is based on quilt, but when running
>> debuild, debuild creates a traditional style source package.
>> I've tried to add "Format: 3.0 (quilt)" to the control file and a Format
>> 3 source package is correctly created (i.e. an orig.tar.gz and a
>> Ben
>>

> I do not know exactly about your problem (I tink I do nos use the same tools, but do not remember just now), but I have a "3.0 (quilt)" package too, and I must tell you that the Debian archive is not (yet) able to have it, so your mentor will not be able to upload it.
>
> Best wishes
>
> Noel Torres
> er Envite

I have similar but different issue with 3.0 (quilt). My current
package is using quilt for patches. When I convert it to quilt 3.0 the
debian-diff patch has the usuall patches as well. So my patches are
applied and then removed by debian-diff patch resulting in FTBFS.

Are there any guidelines on how to convert package to 3.0 (quilt)
which already uses patch system? Cause my brain failed..... assuming
that dpkg does everything as designed.

(Package sword in experimental for example from my team packages)

--
With best regards

Dmitrijs Ledkovs (for short Dima),
Ледков Дмитрий Юрьевич